Monday, April 6, 2009
I'm using bullet points here, so I won't go into as much detail as Ted did.
- Predicted record and finish: 86-76, 3rd in NL East.
- Cameron Maybin will not win the ROY. His status as the buzzworthy candidate in the preseason jinxes him. Hanley will get MVP consideration, but will be dismissed when his team misses the playoffs. None of the Marlins' pitchers will get any Cy Young consideration, but not because they didn't deserve it.
- The Marlins will be in playoff contention until mid-September, when they will fade down the stretch.
- Hanley will take a month to hit his stride in the third spot of the order, but once he does, he will thrive. I expect a high-VORP year from SS1a once again.
- As for the rest of the league, in the AL, your division winners are Oakland, Cleveland, and New York, with Boston taking the Wild Card. In the NL, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, and LA win their divisions, and Chicago takes the Wild Card. Cleveland beats New York in the ALCS, and Philadelphia beats Milwaukee in the NLCS. In the World Series, Cleveland wins in 6 games, finally exorcising the demons of Vic Wertz.