Monday, April 4, 2011
It's the first day off day of the season and holy crap do we need it! I couldn't even bear to watch Sunday's game past the third inning. That was terrible. You know the drill. We'll give you TV and book recommendations, but this year we'll throw in a culture recommendation as well, either an event going on in South Florida or some music to check out while the Marlins are off. We want you guys to be well-read, culturally literate, and totally informed. We're trying to cultivate the most interesting readership on the web, and we will do our part, goddamn it.
- Twins at Yankees (7 pm, ESPN): It's baseball, which makes it better than most anything else on at 7 on a Monday.
- Dancing With the Stars (8pm, ABC): I'm not sure who's on this year. Actually, skip it, this show is garbage. We want better for you.
- Ken Burns' The Civil War, Parts 2 and 3 (8pm, PBS): Ignore everything Shelby Foote says, since his books have no footnotes. That's all you need to know about Shelby Foote.
- Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room (8pm, CNBC): I've been meaning to watch this.
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (9pm, Comedy Central): One of the best shows at the moment. "The Gang Gets Stranded in the Woods" is showing at 10 (with cameos from Chase Utley and Ryan Howard), and it is one of the best episodes of the series.
- NCAA Championship Game (9pm, CBS): You're bracket is fucked already, so why bother?
Tonight's bonus suggestion is to go to Mexican Monday at one of Flanigan's many South Florida locations. If you follow me on Twitter, you know the deal already. With your first pitcher of beer or soda you get a free plate of nachos, and it's a generous portion. When I go with my buddy Alex, it's pretty much all we get. Also, except for the Coconut Grove location, they still have all night happy hour. All single servings of alcoholic drinks are half off after 9pm. If you don't live in South Florida, then perhaps throw on a sombrero and make yourself a nice nacho plate.