Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Last night the Marlins opened up their home stand in front of tens
of thousands of fans. There was no local television coverage. I don't know what the Pirates local TV ratings are but it's likely this will end up as the least watched game in MLB in 2011. So what did we miss? Pretty much the usual.
- Josh Johnson pitched his second gem in a row. He went seven innings and didn't allow a run. This time though he allowed two hits and the first one came in the fourth inning, so he's really regressing. But not enough to stop another SCWS creepy photoshop.
- Omar Infante went 0-4, dropping his batting average to .206. Somehow he remains handcuffed to the two-spot in the order.
- Emilio Bonifacio started. \reads box score \sees he had three hits I'm sorry but I'm going to need to see some visual evidence before believing that.
- Logan Morrison left the game with a strained arch in his left foot. Reports say he'll be fine but he might miss a game or two.
- Marlins win 6-0. Carry on.