Wednesday, May 4, 2011
We rarely do link dumps, but we've seen a few items at other blogs that you'll want to check out.
- Big League Stew reiterates what we have been saying for the past few weeks: "Hanley has been getting horrendously unlucky on balls in play."
- Also at BLS, Marlins catcher John Baker writes about his ongoing rehabilitation from Tommy John surgery.
- What's going on with Javier Vazquez? Marlin Maniac knows, and the news is not good.
- Josh Johnson was named NL Pitcher of the Month yesterday, to the surprise of no one.
- The Twins' Francisco Liriano pitched a no-hitter last night that was among the "worst" no-hitters in MLB history (2 K, 6 BB, 66 strikes out of 123 total pitches). Ted and I agree that Liriano's no-no is still not as bad as AJ Burnett's, against the Padres on May 12, 2001. AJ walked 9 (still the most ever in a no-hitter), hit one batter, and threw 65 strikes in 129 total pitches.
- Finally, this is not Marlins-related at all, but regardless... http://emojuanuribe.tumblr.com/