Monday, May 23, 2011
- Run Rick Run (ESPNU, 7:00): If you never saw this installment of the 30 for 30 series, it gives a surprisingly candid retelling of Ricky Williams' surprise retirement before the 2004 season.
- Red Sox at Indians (ESPN2, 7:00): Your requisite baseball entry.
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall (FX, 8:00): You'll laugh, but won't remember much about the film by the time it's over.
- NBA Western Conference Finals, Game 4 (ESPN, 9:00): The Thunder try to tie up their series with the Mavericks.
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Comedy Central, 10:00): There are 3 other episodes on, starting at 9:00, but the 10:00 episode, "The Gang Buys a Boat," was my favorite of the most recent season.
I'm going to start reading Jonathan Franzen's acclaimed 2001 novel The Corrections tonight. At this pace, I should get to Freedom by 2020.
Obviously we want all of you to read the New Yorker profile of Mets owner Fred Wilpon. He thinks Jose Reyes is overrated, too, but the article covers much more than that, including Wilpon's friendship with Sandy Koufax and his business dealings with Bernard Madoff.