Tuesday, April 2, 2013
- Accustomed to watching the Fish leave the population of small islands on the base paths in recent years, they only stranded three.
- All jokes aside, Ricky Nolasco had a good outing. His home runs allowed were only solo shots and if not for the Marlins trailing, he could have gone another inning or two, his pitch count was good.
- No errors.
- I learned the names and faces of some of the new guys (work in progress).
- Only four men reached base for the Marlins, just one of them getting to second (or third) base and exactly zero of them reached the promised land that is home plate.
- Meanwhile Ricky Nolasco hung a couple pitches to Bryce Harper and showed him the way all around the bases to said promised land resulting in the only runs in the ballgame.
- But seriously, that offense, tons o' ground ball outs and looking silly against Stephen Strasburg.